Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Skillz To Pay The Billz

The kids are up to alot these days. It seems like just last week they were throwing food everywhere and crawling up and down stairs. These days they are eating with a fork and spoon, starting to do stairs the "normal" way, and for the most part they keep the food on the table. Tonight Reaghan even fed herslef peas with a spoon! Reaghan also knows the doggie says "woof, woof", and Nixon is starting to vocalize a bit more (finally, whew). Reaghan will poke your eye out in her favorite new game of name the face parts, Nixon signs 'eat', 'more', and 'all done'.

Their latest new skill is getting into their carseats. This is really cute when you have the time, but isn't always convenient when in a hurry. I've kinda painted myself in a corner by letting them do it alot and making a big deal out of it, but now if I try to just drop them in myself they scream bloody murder. Come to think of it they are wanting to do alot for themselves these days...brushing their teeth, taking off their clothes, feeding themselves. Whats a mom to do?

We went to JJ today. In days past they would barely leave my sight...now they tear off to the playstructure without so much as a backward glance. Both the babes even sit in a normal chair there and eat their snack...no more high chairs.

I guess I really can't call them the babes anymore...but they will always be my babies.

No comments: