Saturday, November 29, 2008
It was a pair of my underwear.
Reaghan started giggling, "Mamma's underpants were in my nap stuff."
I gathered that due to the wonderful powers of static cling, my panties had traveled to school attached to Reaghan's naptime blanket.
"So, " I asked, "did your teacher see mommie's underpants?"
"YES!" Reaghan screamed, doubled over laughing. "everyone saw Mommie's underpants!"
Great. Just great.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
- I read at a freakishly fast rate. It is really quite alarming how fast I can suck books down. I just finished re-reading the whole Harry Potter series (all seven of them) in about five weeks. Remember, I work full time and I insist on a minimum of seven hours of shut eye a night!
- I once had seven piercings in my body...a total of two were in my ears.
- I have two tattoos, and for a while I had bigger tats than my husband (he has since shown me up...to the needle I go!)
- Years ago I was a Go Go dancer at one of the hottest clubs in Grand Rapids (The Reptile House). I was much thinner then (the pics are outrageous!).
- I am absolutely enthralled with the science of the body and will sometimes re-read my schoolbooks for fun.
- I was a total nerd while I was growing up. Not in the super cool "nerd rock" way that is popular now, but in the weird shy girl in the corner with the frizzy hair and glasses whose nose is always buried in a book kinda way. I had NO friends...none. I think I didn't talk at all in a whole school day, unless it was to answer every single question the teacher asked...no wonder I didn't have friends!!
- I avoid shaving my legs like the plague. I will wear pants in ninety degree weather just to not do it. I just hate doing it. (Don't worry...I do it when necessary!!)
- My children are NOT named after the presidents.
Sunday, November 02, 2008
What a perfect Halloween! The weather cooperated and the kids had an absolute blast! The double dink family headed over to the White family abode for pizza and fun pre-trick or treating. The picture shows Nixon (who refused a costume), Reaghan (Cinderella), Adam (Monkey 1), and Drew (Monkey 2).
This was Nixon and Reaghans first Trick or Treat experiance, so it was lucky that they went with old pros like Adam and Drew. As soon as they followed them to the first house and got their first candy, they were convinced that this is the most awesome activity on the face of the earth and had no problem running from house to house while the parents stood at the curb.
All the mommies and daddies had a blast as well! Nothing like a little wine with your junk food!